Tuesday 12 February 2013

Nature provides: Foraging mushrooms in the Lithuanian forests





Boletus is a genus of fungi, there are around 100 species. I know my mushrooms really well and I never pick anything I'm not sure about. There are so many species you have to be very careful, it's better to leave it alone if there is any amount of doubt.















Amanita muscaria, is a poisonous and psychoactive basidiomycete fungus.

Chanterelles mushrooms, they are most beautiful fungi the colour is so specific.

This mushroom is edible  but sadly I do not know the name in english and I just can't find my book on mushrooms, if anyone knows the name of this brown fungi please comment, I would appreciate it. If you need any information about foraging mushrooms please ask me, I would be happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment