Sunday 16 September 2012

My cactus cut-in collection, please help me with names



The little falling balls were abit harder to grow from a cut-in but it did grow in the end, only took me maybe about three cut-ins, also i use alot of little stones to make my pots looks prettier and make cactuses stick to the eground as the litte star like cactus on the right had barely any roots. 


Agavas, aloe and unknown cactus, if you do know any of the names of these cactuses please comment me, i really would appreciate it.

When I was in Cornwall, England few years ago these aloes were thrown out so i picked them up, they must of been sick because I had 2 pots of these aloes and one pot died and this is the last 3 cut-ins left but this summer I became very happy when I saw all the little ones growing. You have to be very patient with cut-ins, it takes alot of time for a plant to start growing. 

I brought this back from Malta this summer, one of them already died but i still have another three, so im sure one of them will survive and flourish.

This is from a cut-in when it was inside it didnt have the red ends but when i took it outside in summer it got these beautiful red tips. Its very easy to grow this from a cut-in, you dont always have to spend alot of money to get interesting plants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment